Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have specific info on how to fit turbo chargers on our carry rides? is it possible to fit on an F5A or an F5B engine?

pictures would be nice!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i followed a link in one thread and it showed a 660cc 12 valve Turbo Charged Intercooled gas engine. can this be possible with the 6 valve F5A as well?

·
Registered
200 Posts
medyo impossible kasi there was a link in which a super carry van was retrofitted with a turbocharger from a mini cooper. he devised pulleys just to fit in the van, and mind you bro it took some days. hopefully nga meron coz i'm planning to convert my super carry into a carry ss. :))

·
Registered
203 Posts
According to Brayden in The Australian Mightyboy website his green Zuki van has an F5 engine with intercooler turbo. I am not sure if it's an F5A with 6 valve or an F5B with 12 valve. And if it is applicable to 4x4.

Medyo mahirap maghanap na surplus na intercooler turbo dito. Baka sa Cebu meron pa.

Check this site if they have 4x4 na meron intercooler turbo.

Suzuki cars, all models (used, imported, new): pics, specs, performance

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow! nice van. it looks a lot like yours yt, only he has that thing in front. is it a radiator or an intercooler? cant say though if it'll last long here in the phil with the number of potholes and loose gravel on the road. it's bound to get a puncture one day or another.

didn't see engine pics though. thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry yt, just saw the pics of brayden's turbo installation. it's an F8 engine fitted with an F6 manifold. but still mega nice setup!!! three thumbs up.

·
Registered
177 Posts
how fast do you think this zuki with turbo goes from 0 to 100kph?

to isporttrack, have you tried testing your zuki's acceleration from
0 to 100kph? This way we can see the difference between a turbo
and a non-turbo.

·
Registered
97 Posts
According to a Servitek mechanic whom I asked, its usually the turbo-equipped Carry engines that they service the most which could mean that turbo F6As are prone to breakdowns?

·
Registered
203 Posts
The grill on the front is an intercooler. Isporttrak, san mo nabasa na F8 na engine nung van ni Brayden? Last time he emailed me F5 with turbo sya. He said that his F5 with turbo can go up to 140kph and can out run a Carry with an F10 engine.

Zukzuk, talaga bang prone to breakdown ang may turbo o dahil 2nd hand na sya kaya ganun ang sakit nya. Pano kung naka EFI ka? Mas maganda na siguro kung carburator na lang?

Sa YouTube may naka feature na Suzuki Pick-up na tumakbo ng 140kph. Check the site nailagay ko na sya dito sa forum natin.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ang hirap lang ng sobrang bilis sa cornering talo tayo at pwedeng tumaob. Gaya nangyari sa TopGear nung nag feature sila ng contest ng mga van sa UK. Pero nanalo ang SuperCarry sa Contest kahit tumaob sya. Just look for the thread dito. Naka post na sya.

·
Registered
200 Posts
this is one of my proposed set-up:

1. lower the van (like caloy did)
2. install an efi engine with a turbo..hopefully yung k8 engine ng wagonR
kasi 1L ito and dohc 16v+ turbo! hanep!!!
3. install bodykit and intercooler.
4. race the van sa drag, wag sa mga may corners.
5. ayun, you got a race ready K van! hehehe! :D

hopefully possible lahat ng ito.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yellowturtle said:
The grill on the front is an intercooler. Isporttrak, san mo nabasa na F8 na engine nung van ni Brayden? Last time he emailed me F5 with turbo sya. He said that his F5 with turbo can go up to 140kph and can out run a Carry with an F10 engine.

Zukzuk, talaga bang prone to breakdown ang may turbo o dahil 2nd hand na sya kaya ganun ang sakit nya. Pano kung naka EFI ka? Mas maganda na siguro kung carburator na lang?

Sa YouTube may naka feature na Suzuki Pick-up na tumakbo ng 140kph. Check the site nailagay ko na sya dito sa forum natin.
Yap, I saw that on Youtube YT (the one you posted), I timed it & for
12 sec. he reached 100kph.
I can't imagine that a 3cyl. engine can easily reach 140kph.
Is it dangerous for the engine???

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
YT, follow mo lang yung links sa post ni brayden on his other cars. i was referring to his wombat in this link...

Brayden

sorry was he referring to the van? maybe you can ask him for pics of installation and setup.

am really getting excited with the possibilities for our rides! i wont be surprised if one day i see your van zooming at 140kph on the highway.

bruce, i think this speed is possible with the proper suspension and load (my truck runs faster when heavy-i actually put 3 bags of sand on my bed on regular days, this makes the rear tires grip better allowing me to touch the 100kph mark) i'll time my 0to100kph and let you guys know. oh, and the sand bags make my ride softer when doing regular speeds and passing humps!

zukzuk, yes, when you have a turbo on a relatively small engine your engine tends to break down faster. it exerts so much pressure on the gaskets not to mention the block. so if you dont have the proper cooling system (oil coolers), you're bound to have your engine replaced after one go at the quarter mile strip. if you were able to watch too fast too furious this is what happened to the main character's ride where he busted his block.

hey guys, this talk about intercoolers, turbos, and carry beating other cars is really interesting.

·
Registered
85 Posts
isporttrak said:
one question...

i get a warning beeper when my speedometer reads 90kph. do you guys have this too?

some japanese cars have theese feature on thier speedo... they'll warn you if your beyond the speed limit.. =) I'f you have watched the 1st few episodes of the anime called "InitialD", this part was explained... =) i'm an anime lover what can i say!

·
Registered
97 Posts
isporttrak said:
zukzuk, yes, when you have a turbo on a relatively small engine your engine tends to break down faster. it exerts so much pressure on the gaskets not to mention the block. so if you dont have the proper cooling system (oil coolers), you're bound to have your engine replaced after one go at the quarter mile strip. if you were able to watch too fast too furious this is what happened to the main character's ride where he busted his block.

hey guys, this talk about intercoolers, turbos, and carry beating other cars is really interesting.
hehe ayoko mag turbo kung ganun, im satisfied with my van's 90kph highway cruising speed - 100-110 if im alone :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
blue: dont start mentioning initialD. this might be the start of drifting stories by carry owners! haha! maybe not the vans but the trucks have a more stable center of gravity. hmmm.................

zukzuk: wag ka matakot sa turbo. it actually is helpful in many ways. first of all, you're able to burn almost 100% of your fuel because the turbo compressor forces cold air into your engine thereby ensuring plenty of oxygen supply. this leads to better fuel efficiency and may give you 30%to40% extra horsepower! furthermore, the turbine makes use of the pressure from the exhaust to run your turbo so its efficient.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts