Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2009 SX4 and I am trying to figure out where a noise is coming from.

The noise is coming from the general area of the timing chain between the camshaft sprockets, or so it seems.

The noise only happens when the car is at idle and the load changes on the engine from either the air conditioning compressor turning on or the cooling fans for the radiator turn on. The other time the noise happens is when accelerating from a stand still for half a second or so as the car starts to move.

The noise is a rattling noise and at first I just assumed that it was a heat shield that came loose.

I was able to reproduce the noise by removing the hose going to the PCV valve. When the hose is off from the PCV the engine RPM drop and the noise appears. It almost sounds like the small timing chain between the cam shafts is slapping against the casing or something.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
838 Posts
OK..2009SX4...which engine ? 1.6, 2.0, diesel ? WHIch car? sedan? hatch ? AWD ? 2WD ? AUTO ? MAnual ? Mileage ?
WHen you come for other prob lems, knowing where you are and exact car model will provide accurate replies. Fill up your profile.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK..2009SX4...which engine ? 1.6, 2.0, diesel ? WHIch car? sedan? hatch ? AWD ? 2WD ? AUTO ? MAnual ? Mileage ?
WHen you come for other prob lems, knowing where you are and exact car model will provide accurate replies. Fill up your profile.
Thanks for the tip.

It's a 2.0l, Hatch, AWD, Automatic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts