Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some research for improving my mpgs for my kiz, I've owned my car for a few months now and i drive around 500 miles or more a week at 19 years old, i currently am getting around 22.5 mpg. I have been thinking bout putting a cold air intake, the GF chip, and the scangaurd2, and scanguardE which will allow me to have full control of my engine and how its performing, I'm not an amateur when it comes to vehicles. my previous vehicle was a f350 v10 so i know how to work/take care of my vehicles but with driving a 100 miles one way to college every week I'm trying to find ways to save money to be able to enjoy driving my car more!!! please give all opinions, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make my car last longer along with being able to save money on the up rising fuel prices we have... looking forward to everyones feedback.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Manual trans or CVT? If it's a manual then use the engine torque and change up earlier - just don't labour the engine at low revs on hills.

Start with the basics eg. are your tyres all inflated to the recommended pressure? Any intake mods could have an adverse affect.

Try the highest octane fuel available in your area. Other owners (me included) have found it gives better mileage and works out better financially.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the CVT, the tires were recently filled to the correct pressure recently. i found that my toms sensor was on due to over inflation, would it really be worth paying a 40 cent difference for fuel?? I've heard that it does change the mpg a little but haven't heard whether its worth spending 4.24 per gallon if its not going to change enough to provide a incase in mpg.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
You'll have to try it for yourself- that's the only way you'll find out for sure.

You would have been looking at spending a fair bit on those other mods- so why not give the higher octane fuel a go?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts