Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys .
can anyone help. I just got a 2013 Suzuki kizashi. and im having problems locking the trunk door. it is catching the lock but when you use the key phob .
to lock the car the 4 doors are locking but the trunk lock remains open. can anyone please help. many thanks david

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t know that I have knowledge enough to be of any help, but hoping that you find a little 3 in 1 oil or a couple squirts WD40 will do the trick if the problem is in the latching mechanism. Otherwise it is may be that the electrical signal to lock is incomplete, in which case you will need to determine why the trunk latch isn’t getting the “message.” This is not a real busy forum as I’m sure you have noticed by now. If nothing else perhaps my response will encourage further discussion that leads you to an easy fix. When you find the solution it would be great if you posted it here so the next person that runs into the same problem might have an easier time of it.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
IF your model has this feature on the trunk, some models did not ship with it and only had main door central locking.
If fitted, the lock mechanism will more than likely be gummed up, probably from too much 3 in 1 or WD40 which are the bane of locks. Only way to check it is to disassemble the trunk lock assembly and check the electrical part of the central locking mechanism.

Does the central locking unlock the rear door? its very unusual for it to fail on unlock, but common to do so on locking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts