Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at a signal, truck sounded like it wound down and died. Getting spark at the plugs, cranks but does not run. Got gas, the fuel pump was replaced a little while back and can smell raw gas out the carb and the tail pipe. Don't think it's flooded because it's been sitting. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
happened to me about a month ago. It died while running. Starter cranked over, I could smell fuel, there was spark, but it would not fire up. I pulled the distributor cap and had fine metal powder/shavings in it. (i'd just replaced the cap and rotor a few months earlier) Put in a new cap and rotor and it fired right up and hasn't given me a problem since. Apparently the part was defective or I didn't get it seated well, and it had worn the contacts down unevenly. I was getting spark to half the cylinders and nothing to the other two.

·
Registered
75 Posts
if it happen to your truck again after you tried those advises, try to let your all your fuel lines be flushed or blown using compressed air..there might be some scale deposits on your fuel lines especially the hoses(better if buy new hose)..these scale deposits when it reach your carb's float valve it will keep the valve open even when the carb is already flooded with gas and will let your engine stall even in the middle of a smooth run..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts