Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am having some trouble with the Installation of the pulley. I was not able to get the new belt on, so I put the old one on and it fits. But when I start it up I hear this high pitch squeaking... Do I have to oil something or is it the old belt, and I have to get the new one on...

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Easy E said:
Hey guys I am having some trouble with the Installation of the pulley. I was not able to get the new belt on, so I put the old one on and it fits. But when I start it up I hear this high pitch squeaking... Do I have to oil something or is it the old belt, and I have to get the new one on...
You have to get the new one on....it shouldnt be hard. One of the pulleys moves...you gotta move it and slip the new belt on then let it move back. I did it alone but it would help to have someone else put the belt on while you hold the tension.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... I finally got it... The tool I was using to loosen the tensioner kept on slipping off... So I was having trouble getting it far enough to slip on the new belt. But I finally got it on... Thanks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts