Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my left hand side hub was hard to lock before i changed the wheel bearings and swivel bearings and seals now that its all back together the hub cant be changed from free to lock but when out 4x4 driving in the mud the left hand side still gets power to the wheel when it's in free. when i put it back in 2wd the drive shaft doesent spin from the font left wheel turning. has anyone had this peoblem and wot did you do to fix it.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
either that or tear them down and make sure you put everything back together right. Of course if everything was put together right but the hub is dammaged you'd need to replace it anyway. I suppose it just depends on how much time you have v.s. how much money you have.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was hard to turn before the rebuild i used to stuggle with it now it just wont turn from free to lock i guess the best thing is to get some avm hubs and go from there.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I would have to repeat the suggestion from above...
Tear them down, clean, lube and rebuild.
The Suzuki locking hubs are really very strong for the load a Zook puts on them. Give them another chance.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'd agree with those that say tear them down and take a look. You say 4wd is working with the hub in the "free" position? Sounds like you might have got the locking cam in the wrong position, when you put them back on. They really are a pretty simple part and worth taking a closer look at, before you toss them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts