Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I bought a 2007 Suzuki Forenza automatic. was told all it needed is a head gasket.
Codes came up

Engine Codes ?
00-00-FF-01
00-00-AO-D9
00-00-37-20
transmission codes ?
P0703
P0563
P1779

normally I can quickly find what the codes mean but i have not been able to find what these are.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
P0703 TCC circuit error Torque converter clutch solenoid operation error may be electrical, may be mechanical and internal to the transmission

P0563 The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the ignition feed circuit to determine if the charging system is working. If the voltage is too high, a fault code will be set. This is strictly an electrical issue.

P1779 Engine torque input signal malfunction. can be electrical or (rarely) an internal issue.

As for the engine codes, no idea.You have a torque converter clutch code, an input speed / torque code both in the transmission, depending on cause theese could be related as you also have a charging system electrical issue.

First thing would be to check all electrical connections around the battery and alternator, including making sure all earths are on clean and bright metal.

You have more issues than a possible head gasket.

What other symptoms does it have as these codes could make it do some funny things when its running. Has the head gasket actually been diagnosed? or is it running rough and shaking about?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for that.. I only drove it a few times.. ... yes i believe previous owner had head gasket diagnosed. it did start to over heat after 4 to 5 miles. otherwise it seems to run and shift fine...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts