Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm reinstalling a rebuilt automatic transmission and transfer case in a 95 Geo Tracker. When I pulled the transmission/transfer case there were two hoses connected to the transfer case selector lever area and the rear top of the transmission; they are connected to a plastic tee with one open hose coming from the tee. I can't figure out where the open hose goes to. It is not the vacuum modulator hose.

The manual shows a vent on the top of the transmission case. I think this is where one of the hoses is connected. The manual references a vent for the transfer case but does not show a location. Could these hoses act as a vent line for the transmission/transfer case? If yes how should the hose be routed?

Or, am I way off base and the lines are vacuum lines and connect somewhere?
Thanks,
Bob Schoner

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
The vents on the running gear (diffs/transfer/trans) are all routed up high enough that water doesn't enter when fording streams... as long as the streams are not that deep. ;)

My 4 doors (4 speed automatics) have vent lines from the transmission area going up along the firewall with a vented cap. I haven't checked my '94 3 speed parts car (more like your rig) for the same thing... but I assume it is the same.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Again,
Surfing the internet I found a few pictures that show that the lines are indeed vents. I also saw references to a "plug" or "vent cap". I remembered I had seen a small plastic "thimble" on the floor under the car and after looking at it I believe this is the "vent cap"; it fits the hose perfectly.
Thanks to Mike above I will rout the hose up the firewall.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.