Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The automatic transmission in my the 2000 GLX 2000 wagon was not shifting into 3rd gear. This happened before, and I bought solenoids at the recycler and life was good. The OBD gave the code P0751, which was the shift solenoid A. A friend suggested that I try this product, he said a friend had tried it in his transmission which had a shifting problem and it worked for him. So I got a bottle and it worked, within eight hrs. of driving it had the solenoid working again. I was looking for another solenoid if this conditioner hadn't worked(unavailable at the dealership and other parts stores).

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motomaster-automatic-transmission-conditioner-350-ml-0380610p.html

I'm so pleased with it I thought I would share the joy and possibly help others here.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
what you have done is effectively flushed the dirt out of the valve body and into the oil. Its rare for the solenoids to fail, but common for the valve the solenoid controls to stick due to dirt in the transmission from naturally occurring wear of the clutches. I would recommend a full change of the transmission oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts