Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just got done replacing the engine in my brother's 06 Forenza. So after a couple test runs the engine is fine, but now the clutch just stays on the ground and there is fluid leaking from under the trans. So I figure something went wrong with the slave cylinder. Of course this is inside the bellhousing too. So I am figuring I need to drop the tranny out the bottom? I am hoping this is a simple process as I am only here today and live a good ways (6 hrs) away.

The kicker is that my brother has spent a ton of money on this car. He had the trans, slave and associated lines all done professionally and finally ran out of funds when his engine blew a head gasket and then seized (he tried getting it home with coolant running into the oil). So he has gone too far to turn back on this and is totally fund depleted.

I have a good amount of mechanical experience, modding and swapping engines in RWD, AWD, and 4x4 vehicles (Mustangs, Subarus, and trucks mostly). I can manage most any swap and have rebuilt my own engines so I am not a newbie. However, I counter that with a lack of experience with the FWD's and this model. I am used to openning a Haynes or similar even for jobs I have done a dozen times just in case, and have none here.

My questions are two fold. First, what is the easiest way to drop the tranny out? Second, what could we have done that may have caused this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? I Have decided to return next weekend and see if I can fix this for him, but if I made a mistake, I woud like to know. Are there any common ones that lead to this?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi. im really not sure what you could have done to brake something but i do know that the slave cylinder is a weak point in the transmission. i havent dropped a trans in these cars yet but it should be pretty straight forward. heres a link to the online manual
Daewoo Service Manual
it says you need to remove the battery and battery tray. remove the shift linkage, remove drive axle shaft. disconnected the reverse lamp connection and speed sensor connection, remove the pin and clutch release cylinder pipe, remove the the damping block, remove the cage retaining bolts, remove the remove the upper mounting bracket bolts and bracket, remove three transaxle upper retaining bolts, support trans with jack, remove seven lower transaxle retaining bolts, slide the trans sideways and down. it says never rest the trans in any other position except upright. i think thats about it in a condensed version. any questions just ask

1 - 3 of 3 Posts