Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I are going to rebuild my transmission. 1987 sammy, wining in all gears but 4th plus I can hear a grinding sound (I was told it was the bearings). Which transmission rebuild kit would you recommend?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I have done a bunch of them. I get my parts from Hawk Strictly Suzuki. Tranny parts are about 3/4 of the way down their Samurai parts page. Look for this, and order it all if this looks like the first time it has been rebuilt:

SUZUKI SAMURAI TRANSMISSION BEARING SET

Includes: Correct sealant.

Basic Set $119.95 with Syncros $189.OO.

Additional Needle Bearing Kit $89.95

Hawk's Strictly Suzuki

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have done a bunch of them. I get my parts from Hawk Strictly Suzuki. Tranny parts are about 3/4 of the way down their Samurai parts page. Look for this, and order it all if this looks like the first time it has been rebuilt:

SUZUKI SAMURAI TRANSMISSION BEARING SET

Includes: Correct sealant.

Basic Set $119.95 with Syncros $189.OO.

Additional Needle Bearing Kit $89.95

Hawk's Strictly Suzuki

This kit doesn't come with the needle bearings? I've never rebuild a tranny, buy my friend has. I have looked over the "tranny rebuild" several times.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Bearing kits

kit provides ALL the bearings. The roller, AND the neddle bearings, as well as ALL seals and a few other bits necessary for a full and true rebuild for your transmission. If you want to do the job once and do it right, pick up one of the COMPLETE kits and know that it will have all the bearings you need.... not just 1/2 of them.

I TOO NEED MY TRANNY REBUILT, 3RD GEAR SYNCRO IS WORN OUT. :mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bearing kits

kit provides ALL the bearings. The roller, AND the neddle bearings, as well as ALL seals and a few other bits necessary for a full and true rebuild for your transmission. If you want to do the job once and do it right, pick up one of the COMPLETE kits and know that it will have all the bearings you need.... not just 1/2 of them.

I TOO NEED MY TRANNY REBUILT, 3RD GEAR SYNCRO IS WORN OUT. :mad:
I didn't see the syncros on this kit does it come with them?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Many of the vendors sell them, but in most cases you have to call them to find out if they include them. In most cases,if it doesn't specify synchros then they are not in the kit. It makes the price look better...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts