Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here used aftermarket synchros in transmission repair/overhaul?

If yes, which aftermarket brands are of quality and have they withstood use/abuse over time/mileage. I don't want to cut corners but if I can save $120 with comparable aftermarket parts then that would be fine to.

Thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've seen boxes filled with synchros at Petroworks. You might give them a call and price 'em. And TrailTough too.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked in, they are upwards of $60 each, which would seem to be a fair price for an authentic Suzuki part. I have all good things to say about these businesses, they have treated me right so I throw all the business I can in that direction.

I have had an interruption to my income and price counts right now, if I can get all aftermarket synchros in a kit for the price of one OEM then I cant afford *not* consider it, IF they are comparable to OEM.

This is just one of those items where I don't know if the aftermarket is comparable or inferior. I was hoping someone that has used and abused the aftermarket could comment.

This rig will be be subject to off road use and daily driving for the foreseeable future.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts