Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is better? I've seen both for sale. I assume the partial metal ones are originals from the factory and the all the plastic ones are re-manufactured ones. I like buying original parts, but since these are notorious for failure (which is why I need to buy one) would I be better off with the all plastic one?

·
Registered
149 Posts
My stock TRS was of the all plastic shell design.
I believe the metal version is held together by screws, so it can be disassembled for cleaning / inspection (I SO want one of these!).
If you can post a link to the metal version, that'd be great!
I think the metal TRS was stock on the canadian version of our cars (not 100% sure).

The plastic version is welded shut. I'm on my 3rd plastic TRS now. :(

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
interesting i was unaware that there were two different versions. sounds like the metal one is the one to get.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one that's on it now is metal and plastic, so I'll see about pulling it apart and cleaning it up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah it would be awesome to get a part #. If I remember correctly, my original was all plastic. I kept it, but seemed to have misplaced it...dealer changed it (not free haha) 2 years ago when car was at about 65K miles. I will be eagerly waiting to see what comes of this....;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts