Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Suzuki Forenza sedan

I am trying to put the new TRS on my car. But the flat spot on the Spline is so far different than the flat spot on the new TRS.

Spline on Transmission that TRS slides on has flat spot straight up and easy to see. (center on the top)
New TRS has plastic flat spot down at the bottom.

I can not move the TRS flat spot enough to get it to be on top so that it slides on the flat spot on the spline "AND" I tried to move the spline gear flat spot to meet the flat spot on TRS but could not move it with out possible damage to the spline threads .

Any suggestions on which one should move: the new TRS centerpiece with plastic gears, "OR" the spline located on transmission?

All/Any feedback and/or tips is greatly appreciated.

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Additional Information

Hello,

Concerning my attempts to R&R the TRS I noticed today there are two (2) flat spots on the part the TRS slides on, I believe it's called the spline. In all of the Post on Transmission Range Sensor it is not mentioned that there are 2 flat spots on opposite sides of the spline but only one flat spot on the TRS part.

Could I have the wrong part

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Goof

I was completely wrong about the position of the flat spot. The flat spot runs from beginning to end of the transmission shift gear spindle that the transmission range sensor (TRS) fits over. I thought the flat spot was the small segment of the beginning of that spindle coming off the transmission that the TRS sets on.

My bad..........

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts