Suzuki Forums banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is exactly what my '05 does, also. It is not necessarily the TRS, so you should get it scanned first. When it's the TRS, the dash gear indicator will show some weird symbol instead of the gear you're in.
I have to drive mine in 3rd around town so it does not act up. If I have to do any freeway driving, I first let it get up to speed (around 55-60 mph), let off the gas pedal, shift into Drive, watch the RPMs until they go low -indicating it has in fact shifted into drive- and accelerate slowly thereafter.
If the engine light comes on, yes, it will be stuck in 3rd gear, so just pull over and clear the code with a scanner and turn the ignition off and on 3 times to reset.
This may not be the same issue your car has, so get it scanned (or buy a cheap OBD2 code scanner/eraser and sca it yourself) if the engine light comes on.
My problem is most likely caused by a damaged "brake C clutch piston seal" in the transmission, which I have not sourced yet, as I simply do not have the funds to do so.
Good luck with yours!
This is pretty close to what we are experiencing. We never saw the weird symbols on the dash display like we did when the original trs went bad. If the car is put into "D" it acts up and won't shift... it seems to stay in 3rd gear no matter what we do. If it is put into "3" then the trans shifts up and down automatically as long as the trans isn't shifted manually into "D", we haven't tried shifting it manually on the highway yet. Also, the check engine light has been on ever since the trans started acting up a few weeks ago.
I'm waiting for my wife to borrow a code reader from a friend so I can see which codes are still showing. It showed 700 and another code (don't remember which one).
I am going to clear the codes and reset the computer by trying the instructions seen on this thread in a later post. If that doesn't work, I'll try adjusting the TRS and clear and reset again...

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah seriously Suzuki wtf. I bought a sensor from them and had the same problems still. The techs didnt even bother to tell me that the harness was missing the tooth that keeps the plug on! i asked how much to repair and they want 500 just for the freaking harness and thats not including install JUST FOR A FREAKING PLUG! I am better off finding some parts lemon and parting that car.. and i still have to pay for the TPS sensor for 300 man this is bullsh.. a 64' Impala would have been much more worth my money i could have fixed any issues myself and not only that it would have looked nicer and drank less gas being it was a single carb. This forenza is THIRSTY .. no .. THIRST "A"

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Suzuki351390 calm down. you can get a tps sensor for as little as $20 at rock auto. as far as the harness plug if you look for electrical connections online you could probably find one for a couple of dollars and just replace it yourself. or go to an autoparts store and have them match one up for you. probably could even order one from delphi's site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks 7-even , blew off my smoke im done now :) Thanks for the push in the right directions. Im guessing i can just google these places you mentioned? Rock auto and delphi. If there is anything else you can fill me in on please do. I am grateful , i actually love my car and i am not giving up on it! when things are broke you fix it! i always believed.. unless you find that you have run out of options.. lol Thanks again!!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
i completely understand. cars can be very frustrating especially when people give you crazy prices to get things fixed. rock autos a pretty good site they have a lot of parts and the prices are good. another good one is suzuki car parts.
RockAuto Parts Catalog
Suzuki Car Parts Catalog Online Store
delphi was just a suggestion. im not actually sure if they sell to the public or not. they do make just about every connection though lol. im looking for a couple of delphi connections but havent emailed them about them yet. heres a search i did quick.
https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0LEV0m8HddT.CQAwo5XNyoA;_ylc=X1MDMjc2NjY3OQRfcgMyBGJjawM0M3FyZjZsNTQ4NnVlJTI2YiUzRDQlMjZkJTNERkhHNlR4WnBZRUxIR1ZMd3MyZ05LN1RjQUNJbk1XYktqU2dybkEtLSUyNnMlM0Q0biUyNmklM0RQdEMuTDVpdHI5dHJGUzhUcC5DYwRmcgNtb3ozNQRncHJpZANZeWZUV2FzYlFMNmYwMm9zQ3dnd09BBG10ZXN0aWQDU1dJTSUzRFNNRTMzOARuX3JzbHQDNTAEbl9zdWdnAzEEb3JpZ2luA3NlYXJjaC55YWhvby5jb20EcG9zAzAEcHFzdHIDBHBxc3RybAMEcXN0cmwDMjUEcXVlcnkDZGVscGhpIGVsZWN0cmljIGNvbmVjdG9ycwR0X3N0bXADMTQwNjYwNzIxMDU2NgR2dGVzdGlkA1NNRTMzOA--?gprid=YyfTWasbQL6f02osCwgwOA&pvid=.AUJBzk4LjFB6281SkQbzgaiNzQuOVPXHbz_iyO4&p=delphi+electric+conectors&fr2=sb-top&fr=moz35
their actual site is the first one after the three or so links for adds on top. their parts are available through other stores though. so if you know which one it is it shouldnt take that long to find. need any help let me know

·
Registered
8 Posts
Finally was able to try adjusting the range sensor yesterday. A friend came over with his scanner and we cleared the codes and tried a half a dozen adjustment points. Couldn't find a "sweet spot" so the trans is still clunking on 3 to 4 shifts and setting off the check engine light. Two codes keep coming up : PO700 and another trans code that I don't recall the number of...

My wife will just have to drive it in 3rd gear for a while longer...:(

·
Registered
8 Posts
So... last Sunday a friend and I tried adjusting the TRS without success, and after several tries we gave up and took a break. There was a slight noise that sounded like a power steering pump whining from low fluid, and I checked the level but found nothing.

Scratching my head, I told my wife that she had to continue driving around in 3rd gear and I'll tackle the TRS problem and look for the noise later...You probably can guess what happened next... I got that dreaded phone call rhat she was broke down on the side of the freeway the next day.

The tow truck dropped the car in our driveway about an hour later and I checked the timing belt that I had replaced just 2 months earlier. It was shredded! It took me several hours, but I think this is what happened: that whirring noise that I thought was the power steering was the T-belt coming apart and rubbing the inside of the T-belt cover.

My strong suspicion is that when the trans was doing the hard shifting the day before when we tried to adjust the TRS, it damaged a tooth or 2 of the t-belt, and it broke while my wife was on the freeway. She said she was driving at 65 in 3rd gear, so I figure the engine was spinning 3500 to 4000 rpm...so I think bent valves are a no-brainer and a cracked piston is likely.

I gave up, and the car is gone now, and I have $450 in my wallet to add to whatever I can scrounge up to get another Subaru. So, if you are having TRS problems, don't drive it if you had or are currently having hard shifting, the T-belt does not like the stress!:mad: No more Suzuki's for me!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
wow sorry you had so many problems with the car. i dont think it was just from the TRS. that sounds a bit unusual that it would cause a belt to go. but we'll never know. good luck with your next car!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The only other thing it could be would be the adjustable tension pulley which my son had a little trouble with. He said that he resolved the issue he was having with the tensioner and I believe him...he's a diesel mechanic in the USMC, so I think he knows what he is doing. The noise didn't start up until we had trouble with the trans shifting hard in between adjusting the TRS. And, the trans was shifting HARD... I was concerned we would break something while out test driving our adjustments. Oh, well... it was reliable for 8 years...

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
im not saying its imposible. with cars im not sure anythings imposible lol just a shame that it happened. 8 years is a pretty good run i guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aligning the Transmission Range Sensor manually

I have an 07 Forenza that I payed the $95 for the dealer diagnostic check telling me it needed the Transmission range sensor. I payed $65 for the part and installed it. Now it is having simillar problems is not driveable. It works ok in all gears except Drive. If I hold back slightly on the shifter it will stay in drive but as soon as I release it the car chugs and I get a D with a line through the middle. I think I will pull the part again and try another Range sensor. (might be defective)
I replaced my TRS recently. There was an excellent 5 part series on a 2006 Suzuki Forenza TRS replacement on YouTube. The author covers your problem therein (how to align the TRS by adjusting the 1/4 inch of play between the two slotted bolts (not the center bolt). If you want to align to factory settings, you can pay for a special alignment tool from Suzuki (I think it was like $120) for a simple piece of metal. But a better way is to loosen the two bolts, have a friend/helper watch the readout on the console where it is showing the D for drive with the line through it, and rotate the TRS until it goes away. Before locking down the bolts again, test all the positions. When all of them show up without lines, your there!. Pretty easy tip for replacing a $120 special service alignment tool. Another way is call around your local shops and see if any of them will loan you the SST for a day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trs

Hi, I recently change the TRS on my 06 reno. Bought the new sensor on ebay for $13 free shipping. Also the big black hose is connected to the radiator, but if you have a catch bucket, unhooking it shouldnt be a problem, just make sure you have coolant to refill the radiator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need help with TRS

I bought a Suzuki Forenza 2008 since 1 year and all is ok (I think) but I've been an issue about TRS (checking engine code P7005). I bought this part (37720-86Z01) at my Suzuki dealer BUT I'm seeing that I'll need an installer (DT-46473 DW260-050) and it's cost $120 !. I paid $59 for the part. I don't have money for this tool. Do you know another way for make the job without the installer ?. Thanks at advance.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts