Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Again with more problems! Now is the transmission!... I have an XL7 2007 VIN 2S3DA717276118170.

It's getting stuck in 2nd and 5th gear... Before that it was making hard changes, well...
The shop says it's a problem the XL-7, Captiva, Some Volvos, etcetera that came with that same problem (gear box with some plastic parts that get hot and then, all goes south!)...

I need help with the parts and if I actually need to buy everything they are asking for (over US$2,000.00)... The list is:
- Full set of seals and pistons
- Discs Set
- Transmission Filter
- Gear Box
- (In Spanish is "BANDA") I can't seem to get a translation to "English mechanic"

Please help me, I have no idea which are the part numbers or names. Nor if I have to buy them all. Really on a down slump right now...

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,983 Posts
Couple of questions,

Where are you (location)?
Are you contemplating DIY repair?
Do you have the tools and skill set to attempt an auto repair??

... Philip

·
Super Moderator
17,898 Posts
Not sure if we can help, but at a minimum one would need to know the EXACT model transmission needing parts, part nomenclature and then specific trans nameplate data to which it serves from the Mechanic with whom you've consulted with.:huh:

This type of part responsibility is typically handled (best) by the Service Center conducting repairs. That way whatever parts are required can more accurately be assessed, dealt with at the Tech level if substitute / alternate items are offered, thus one-on-one discussed with the part providing vendor.

It would also not be out of the norm to find that additional parts are needed during ACTUAL transmission repair efforts. That said, depending on the severity of damage, a good / USED transmission may be the fix, thus all of the parts purchased up front are for not! :(

Now if you arrive at specific Suzuki part numbered item needs, perhaps we can assist. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it possible to get with the VIN number?

I will not do the repair myself, but have the option to buy the parts. The car is still working, but I assume it will come to a stop pretty soon, and wanted to get the parts before that happened. I'm currently in the Caribbean, by experience, parts are as much as 50% less purchasing from the states...

·
Super Moderator
17,898 Posts
Try your local Suzuki parts Dealer...
https://www.simpson-motors.com/section.cfm?Sec=1&SSec=1

See if you can come up with a list of part numbers. MAYBE we can help sourcing parts.

Us working from your list with items like "Gear Box" will yield nothing but more questions.

The VIN number in the hands of the DEALER should help though. With us? Very doubtful.

And as far as DIY? I don't think that you know what you are getting in to. Exacting procedures and specialized tools needed for starters.

·
Super Moderator
17,898 Posts
Something else to consider...

Shifting is electronically controlled. You MAY have computer, wiring, connector or solenoid issues to contend with instead of a mechanical problem. :huh:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is your issue similar to this ??
I am in bay area. Where are you located...just curious if we can find something together.

http://www.suzuki-forums.com/2g-2007-xl7/201746-refueling-issue-transmission-issue.html

Hi guys! Again with more problems! Now is the transmission!... I have an XL7 2007 VIN 2S3DA717276118170.

It's getting stuck in 2nd and 5th gear... Before that it was making hard changes, well...
The shop says it's a problem the XL-7, Captiva, Some Volvos, etcetera that came with that same problem (gear box with some plastic parts that get hot and then, all goes south!)...

I need help with the parts and if I actually need to buy everything they are asking for (over US$2,000.00)... The list is:
- Discs Set
- Transmission Filter
- Gear Box
- (In Spanish is "BANDA") I can't seem to get a translation to "English mechanic"

Please help me, I have no idea which are the part numbers or names. Nor if I have to buy them all. Really on a down slump right now...

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,983 Posts
I am in bay area. Where are you located...just curious if we can find something together.
Unfortunatly, comparing symptom will not result in the same or similar issues..

Likewise, toe pain caused by an ingrown toe nail or gout, will be simular to that of a broken toe.. The remedy is different.. Enough said!

... Philip

·
Registered
1 Posts

- Discs Set
- Transmission Filter
- Gear Box

Thanks!

Did you find a solution for that problem? I am having the same issue. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts