Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 Suzuki Esteem has a code p0705 which is the transmission Range Sensor “A” circuit malfunction. The O/D light flashes when driving and the automatic transmission slips now which was fine a week ago, I can’t solve the problem.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
that code is for the transmission range switch which is caused when the actual driving conditions don't match the gear selected according to the position of the switch. Trans will go into a fail safe mode with fixed pressures and shift points which in some cases will cause slipping. This is a get you home setting and you should not drive any more than required to get home or to a shop.

pic below shows what it should look like, part number on it may be different to yours depending on model and variant. Its either out of adjustment or has a faulty connector or has failed internally. External to the trans, on the shaft the shift lever or cable attaches to on the side of the trans.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you 2013GV for your response to my post. I hav taken the range sensor apart, cleaned it up and checked for continuity. All the wires seem to be ok. Could the range sensor still be bad? Thank again.
Lyle

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
its quite possible its mis adjusted. there should be some alignment marks, depending on trans model, its either N or P you set it up in, basic rule of thumb, should crank in N or P not in any other gear, I start mid range of the slots and adapt from there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts