Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 06 Reno that will not move in any gear except first and reverse. It feels like the brakes are holding it. I have placed the car in neutral and raised the rear of the car and the wheels do not free spin. which leads me to lean towards brakes.

Here's what its doing

With hold button pushed will move fine in first and reverse
With hold button pushed no movement in D 3 or 2

Without hold button pushed and in D the car moves and then when it tries to shift in locks down like I've slammed on the brakes.

Have already replace TCM and TRS.

Can't seem to find anyone else with similar problems anywhere

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
jack car up, trans in neutral, can you turn the wheels by hand? if not, then brakes are the issue and why did you replace the TCM and TRS without first diagnosing the issue. It could be as simple as a stuck brake adjuster, or a faulty brake master cylinder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When the rear of the car was lifted I could not turn the wheels by hand. I replaced the TRS because the selected gear was not being shown on the dash. I replaced the TCM because when I scanned it I had a code for lost communication with the TCM. There are currently no codes showing other that one for the passenger air bag mat. The HOLD light will flash sometimes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts