Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Suzuki Jimny - 2001 - Auto Transmission. When I start up - put it in drive, most times I hear a clicking sound near the glovebox. It sounds exactly like the indicator (turning signal) clicking noise. If the clicking is there, then it seems like it's stuck in 3rd gear - I have no power to accellerate. When I hear the clicking and drop it in drive 1 then the clicking stops and I can drive on and then shift up to drive. If I start up and there is no clicking sound, the car shifts itself fine.

Auto electrician says it's the transmission - transmission guy says it's electrical. Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I have a Suzuki Jimny - 2001 - Auto Transmission. When I start up - put it in drive, most times I hear a clicking sound near the glovebox. It sounds exactly like the indicator (turning signal) clicking noise. If the clicking is there, then it seems like it's stuck in 3rd gear - I have no power to accellerate. When I hear the clicking and drop it in drive 1 then the clicking stops and I can drive on and then shift up to drive. If I start up and there is no clicking sound, the car shifts itself fine.

Auto electrician says it's the transmission - transmission guy says it's electrical. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Could it be the ECU? It controls the transmission on the newer zooks (your model). You may need to get the dealership service guy to run diagnostice on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same problem

i had the same problem on my suzki jimny 2000 and after a lot of working i found the problem to be an elctric coonection on one of the connectors under the engine cover near the right head light

1 - 4 of 4 Posts