Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the transmission in Nuteral with clutch pushed in no noise. When I let the clutch out there is a rattiling noise. I think it is a Throw out bearing.
Does someone agree?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wouldnt it make noise with pedal depresed? there isnt a load on the bearing when the pedal isnt pushed. I dont know just throwing that in. let me know!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
problem fixed

A little oil goes a long way. It was low on oil. I am going to remove it and do a bearning replacement.

·
Registered
100 Posts
A little oil goes a long way. It was low on oil. I am going to remove it and do a bearning replacement.
Why? The noise went away after putting oil in. So whats the reason to pull transmission out? Or are you saying the bearings in the trans. went bad?

I guess I got lucky I once had an old chevy 3 speed it had a trans leak. I let it go dry ... I was 200 miles from home trans got very noisy... It was actualy seizing up the motor was straining... I added transmission oil and it ran fine I never did fix it put several thousnd mile . Sometimes its amazing how much abuse it can take.
One more question.. Is my assesment correct that a bad throw out bearing is noisy when the clutch is disengaged and not when engaged?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Went through a similar drill a few weeks ago. After replacing the clutch, TO and pilot bearing there was still bearing noise. Turned out that 2 of the trans bearings were bad. You may try the poor mans stethoscope. Use a long wooden pole or something similar, place one end on the trans in several places and listen for noise. This works surprisingly well. You should be able to isolate the noise. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Went through a similar drill a few weeks ago. After replacing the clutch, TO and pilot bearing there was still bearing noise. Turned out that 2 of the trans bearings were bad. You may try the poor mans stethoscope. Use a long wooden pole or something similar, place one end on the trans in several places and listen for noise. This works surprisingly well. You should be able to isolate the noise. Good luck.
Or if you have an actual stethoscope you could just use that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts