Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i need some advise on the following
i just test drove my new (to me) Sami and everything runs smooth. But when I'm in 4 WD LO and I lift the gas 2-3 times the 4 LO disengages.
where do i have to look?
thanks to all of you
kurt

·
Registered
6 Posts
when you say disengages im assuming the transfer case is popping our of 4LO??? if so it is more than likely the shifter sheet. you can find them from many suzuki aftermarket vendors. they are inexpensive and can be installed from the top of the tcase

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing in 4H and the guys here tell me its my imput shaft.I have to use a bungie for now to keep it in 4x4 till I can aford to fix it.Im just going to get the T-case from Petro Works that also has the 2L but its $900 so it will have to wait till spring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi i'm a new member and i'll most probably be using this forum regularly as i've only just started taking an interest since my first car, (a '92 samurai with under 50k on the clock) blew its headgasket.

Basically the same things happening to mine. when I engage my hubs to 4wd and change it to 4wd high ratio, after 50yrds or so or when it hits a bump it jerks out of 4wd back onto 2wd. Apparently driving with the hubs engaged (and axle spinning) but with the gearbox in 2wd will consume more of today's stupidly priced petroleum than if you have the hubs disengaged?

I just want to know why the stupid thing jerks out of 4wd =/

help appreciated

·
Registered
278 Posts
some of these other guys that know more and can explain it better but I was told the shifting sheet,which I have a brass one not installed yet,only allows it to shift in and out but not lock it in to place and so i was told its most like a input shaft problem which seem to be a common thing with these zuks..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello Igaug and KJ2837
thanks for the input I will try the shifting sheet but otherwise I gues I have to do a rebuild.
thank Kurt

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
if your shift bushing /shift sheet is shot then it wouldn't hurt to replace it. Mostly the result of a worn or destroyed shifter bushing is the shifter sticking in gear and not comming out. It can also be a part of slipping out of gear, but usually there are other things that cause the popping out of gear, and the shift bushing is just a contributing factor.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Baratacus
I'm afraid you're right and it is not just the shift sheet, but as you said it needs to be done anyway, so I can as well try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts