Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose anyone know where to get a quality transfer case rebuild kit ......and is this a feasible option or is it better to just get a second hand one 1980 jimny

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finding some stuff on amazon but not too sure if its the correct thing 'USA Standard Master Overhaul kit for the Suzuki Samurai' this is what i saw but the price with shipping equates to a second hand one brought in from japan......but what would we all do when the parts from japan run out .......id like to know that i can repair the one i have...

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
The 'US Standard' Samurai is the equivilent of a 413 and starts with a 1985 model.
You say you have a 1980 Jimny which sounds like a 410. Yours probably has the e-brake in a drum off the back of it. The T-cases are not interchangeable.

·
Super Moderator
12,189 Posts
Jimmy - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but - welcome to the reality of owning a used JDM vehicle, replacement part are going to be a challenge and there are no guarantees - you won't know until you attempt to fit the part.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey the van is a 1987 model now that i check the documents does this help any with the parts that are avaliable

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL difference in culture i guess over here we tend to refer to any thing with 4wd capability as van and a car is what u might call a sedan...............suzuki carry over here those were the choice for bakery s to sell their goods on the go LOL suzuki carry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts