Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm currently looking at my neighbors elderly parents 2010 GV. They used it as a pull behind with their motorhome. It is a V6, 4x4, XSport equipped model. It has 102,000 miles on it, and is very clean.

I currently own a 2003 Chevy Tracker, V6 model. I bought this vehicle in 2010 with ~78,000 miles, it was my middle daughters first vehicle. Once I figured out why it was burning oil (H25A plugged oil drains in valve cover) it has been a GREAT little vehicle. It is approaching 185,000 miles, still runs great, but the 2010 sure looks inviting.

My question is, what type of transfer case came in the 2010 V6 GV? I'm hedging my bets about POSSIBLE problems that may come up since the 2010 was towed for a lot of miles. The 2010 has the ability for the T/C to be put in neutral for towing (the 4-mode 4wd), but i'm still curious. Thanks for any help.

Jim

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
as long as it was towed in N and has been serviced (oil changes as required) then there should be no issues with it. Drop the oil out of it and check for metallic particles in it. it only holds about a litre so its not expensive to change.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 2013GV. After reading some more, it seems that the only way to tow it, is with it (Transfer Case) is in Neutral. This looks like a really nice SUV, larger than my Tracker, V6 power, 4x4 (not really needed, but nice to have). I need to upgrade from my Tracker, moved job location so need something a little newer. My Tracker has been bulletproof, so hopefully the GV will give me equal dependability.

Is the T/C a Suzuki item or outsourced (New Process et.al)?

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts