Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys got my first sammy tuesday of this week to use as my fourwheeler for deer woods, its a 94 fuel injected with spring over and 31" buckshots, has omni torquer preformance ignition, throttle body spacer, cold air intake headers and exhaust. everything works great and it will easily pass inspection... my only complaint is transfer case gears, in 4 low it crawls slow but will not clime a hill or through anything sticky underits won power like my jeep. with my set up which would be better and why, 4.9.1 or6.5.1 ratio? i dont plan on rock crawling my sammy thats what the jeep is for, minimal highway time mainly woods/trails. also which is better to have a locker front or back axel and why? thanks for help

·
Registered
40 Posts
your going to get a lot of different opinions on this. I have 6.5 gears and love them for crawling but on mild trails i shift in and out of low a lot. A friend runs 4.16 and goes crawling with me, we both have the same size tire. Im going to say ull b fine with 4.9 ratio. I have a locker in the rear so its easier to steer on the trail

1 - 2 of 2 Posts