Suzuki Forums banner

Transfer case compatability 2007 Grand Vitara

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  dinuksha_asela 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2007 Grand Vitara 2.0 Petrol Automatic, and I need a transfer case. VIN is JSAJTD54V00230458

I am having difficulty finding the exact one-second hand. I found a 2006 manual (mine is auto) that I think will fit.

---------- found this one ---------
2006 SUZUKI - VITARA Transfer Case - MANUAL, 2.0, J20A, GRAND VITARA, JB, 04/05-09/08

Does any know if it does?

Thanks

#3 ·
First, I don't see any difference between Manual and Auto T-case if the part numbers match in both T-Cases. If you trying to find an used one, best bet is to search in Yahoo auction (use proxy service like buyee.jp) to look for and find low mileage one. most of the JDM TD54W transfer cases will match.

#7 ·
The problem started with a clinking/poping/ under acceleration that got worse, initially, I thought it may have been one of the front CVs from the diff to the wheels but it wasn't. I ended up taking it to a mechanic and he said it was the front drive shaft from the transfer case to the front diff. I replaced the CVs on each end of the drive shaft but it didn't fix the problem,

As the mechanic is booked for a month, I decided to further investigate. I drained the oil from the front diff, put a bore scope in, turned the wheels and inspected it, all looked ok. I moved to the transfer case and removed the plugs to drain the oil and zero oil came out not a drop. This is how I arrived at the diagnosis of the transfer case, I am hoping to remove it tomorrow. I wll check the spline for you.

#8 ·
Cheers ... That's interesting that the oil had disappeared. I changed mine at 41,000 km and it was down about 1/2 litre yet the car had never even been driven off road. There was a small leak from the rear driveshaft seal but it didn't seem to correlate with the quantity missing.

#9 ·
Mine has a minor damp spot on the rear output seal, 250 ml in a year and nothing showing anywhere else. A drip a day or 2 adds up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.