Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 800 cc and would like to install a 1.0 or a 1.4 will they still fit the same transaxle or do I have to change everything

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 2007 dune buggy with a 800cc car motor, And I want to know will the bigger motors fit the transaxle, Like the 1.0 or 1.4 or 1.6 . I can not find any info on anything so I know it is SUZUKI and geo is supposed to interchange with it. Right now I am lost trying to find anything out. Will I have to change the transaxle if I change motors. Thanks

·
Registered
616 Posts
It is a 2007 dune buggy with a 800cc car motor, And I want to know will the bigger motors fit the transaxle, Like the 1.0 or 1.4 or 1.6 . I can not find any info on anything so I know it is SUZUKI and geo is supposed to interchange with it. Right now I am lost trying to find anything out. Will I have to change the transaxle if I change motors. Thanks
I am afraid that more information is needed...

A "2007 Dune Buggy" really does not help. Is this a kit vehicle?

There are some hand-built dune buggies out there that use the Geo Metro transaxle which, in turn drive the axles. The Geo Metro transaxle was used with the three-cylinder 1 liter and 4-cylinder 1.3 liter Suzuki engines when installed in the Metro itself. I am not sure that the transaxle accepts both engines with the same bellhousing, that there are different bellhousings for each type of engine or that there are two different transaxles - one for each engine.

At this point, you need to identify the engine that you have. If it is a Suzuki engine, it will have the displacement cast into the block on the left side - facing the front of the engine - at the rear edge of the block where the transmission is attached.

Some pictures of the transaxle, the current engine and the dune buggy itself posted in this thread would help.

I hope that this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts