Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week by buddies 86 samurai (1.3 5speed manual) locked up in the sand dunes. From what I could tell the clutch had expanded and was always engaged or the friction plates had bonded with the drive plates. Also the transmission gears would not mesh and we were able to feel and in fact transfer torque by butting gears next to one another. letting the thing cool for the rest of the weekend solved the problems but my question is has anyone ran a tranny cooler and is it possible to to run a clutch fan like rtv's have?

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
94 Posts
No need to do anything like that. Just replace the parts as needed, and he will be fine. I have been running samurai's in the desert dunes for years, and have never experienced any problems.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
When I first started rock crawling with the trail zook, I used the 'lifetime warranty' clutches from AutoZone. They would replace it every year. It would get about halfway through the trail and then slip badly. After letting it cool I would finish the trail.

I got tired of that...

I went to Petroworks and got their HD clutch and installed it. That was back around 2002. I haven't had to replace it since then. Now I have them in both of my zooks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What parts does he need? other than a hd clutch.
Trail Tough “Vulcan” Clutch Kit

Price per Unit (piece): $299.00

Ask a question about this product
This metallic clutch has the most gripping power of ANY clutch we offer, yet still has great pedal feel! It has the ability to handle big tires and our hottest 2.0 litre engine. Kit includes pilot and throw out bearings and alignment tool.

Item # VCK-400 Price $299.00

http://www.trailtough.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=75&category_id=13&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

1 - 5 of 5 Posts