Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaving the Suzuki forums since I'm trading my '05 Optra today for a new Kia. The car was still good to drive with only 95000km, but I've decided to let it go before I get stranded somewhere with the kids.

It's been a good/fun car to drive, but there was too much issues to fix while under warranty... Also it's not normal to have to order aftermarket parts from USA, because Canadian Chevrolet dealers are always on back orders.

If anyone near Montreal (Quebec) is interested, I've got some brand new spare parts left:

-Front Brake Pads (BECK/ARNLEY Part # 0861728C)
-Rear Parking Brake Shoes (CENTRIC Part # 11108881)
-Drive Belt (GATES Part #K060744)

If I get offered 50% of what I paid, it's yours... Just PM me for more info.
(Also, sorry, not cross border shipping... Canada only. I don't want to deal with customs issues/returns)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
-Front Brake Pads (BECK/ARNLEY Part # 0861728C) 15$
-Rear Parking Brake Shoes (CENTRIC Part # 11108881) 15$
-Drive Belt (GATES Part #K060744) 15$
-2x 1L AcDelco ATF (LT71141) (1 sealed, 1 new/unsealed, but full) 5$ for both

Since no one seemed interested near Montreal, I'm now willing to consider shipping to USA/Canada... Except for the oil.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well, Mario, sorry to see you go, but I totally understand where you're coming from! These cars just didn't live up to their expectations.

In my case, I'll stick it out for a while longer, as I got it real cheap and learned to live with it's shortcomings. I drive locally in 3rd gear, to avoid the dreaded P0783. If I need 4th, like on the freeway, I'll keep it in 3rd until I hit 55ish, let off on the gas then shift into 4th, watch the tach until the revs lower, indicating it's shifted, then apply throttle gradually. No problems after that at all as long as I don't let it downshift or upshift automatically!

Took a bit of practice at first (driving around with my OBDII scanner on my lap, so I can pull over, clear the code and switch the ignition on-off thrice to cancel the godforsaken limp home mode), but the stubborn little car just kinda grows on you, y'know? Someday I'll find a good semi-compatible donor car (NOT GMDAT!!!) and swap the engine/tranny out for something more worthwhile! I hate suzuki for what they've done and will NEVER buy or recommend another suzuki. Won't even bother capitalizing it, even. -My '86 Samurai tintop stays, though! It's worth it's weight in gold! ;)

Anyways, I want to thank you for all your help and wish you the best of luck! Take care!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hey Mario are the parts still available ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts