Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think these tracks are going up a little bit in value over the next 10 years or so?

Almost bought another tracker the other day, 95 4 wheel drive one owner real nice condition. Probably should have bought it, the only reason I didn't was because I really wanted another 96-98. I wanted all the parts to match if something happened to one of them.

Had all kinds of nice vehicles, for some reason I have more fun driving this than anything before it. I look every day on Craigslist I think I'm obsessed with these little trucks. Wife said do you need another one? I said I think I do! lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
I agree I have more fun driving the Tracker than any of my other vehicles. Easy to work on, gets great mileage, can go just about anywhere.

They've gone up in price, but so has every other old used car because scrap has gone up so much. Not even 10 years ago you could get a decent older used vehicle that needed work for a few hundred bucks or less. Now at least here you can get $350 for any size car that is complete and that includes the scrap guy coming out with the flatbed to get it. So unless someone just wants to help someone or has been living under a rock, the days of a dirt cheap old used car are gone.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dude! That's hilarious! I was obsessed with checking CraigsList for Trackers until just recently. They are waaaay overvalued on Craigslist. Unless the add says "don't need to sell so don't lowball".... Lowball the price by $500. I just bought one that was listed as $2250 and he took $1800 no questions asked...I should have offered him $1500. Good Luck though, I love these little 4x4's. They rust like crazy here in the Midwest salt, but are fun to drive and easy to work on.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mind paying more for one that is in great condition. Out here in the Vegas area there are many with zero rust, just the way I like them,lol. I'm just real picky, don't want rust or one that has been painted over and it has to be between 96-98 fwd. I can find them for 2 grand here all day, just not in the condition I want. I'm in no hurry, the one I have now is in good shape.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just picked up a red 1997 4 door tracker base model with minimal body rust (NONE on the frame or under-body) and 181K miles, and from what i understand with normal maintenance they go to 300K. And the best part, all for $900 :cool:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds like a great deal, parts cars go for that price. It seems like there are a lot more of these vehicles out here and in pretty good shape. But the prices are a bit higher. Great find! If you're looking for the best pizza on the planet, Cape Cod Cafe in Brockton MA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts