Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Ed, are you out there? I think you mentioned you were in St. Augustine. My tracker's engine is shot. I think it blew a rod? Do you know anyone who does engine rebuilds for trackers?

I have a 1996 Geo Tracker LsI, Automatic, 4WD.

·
Super Moderator
24,466 Posts
Would it not be better to actually confirm what is wrong with the car, before searching to rebuild it, rather than 'I think it blew a rod?'
Give some details??

·
Registered
467 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
... I think it blew a rod? Do you know anyone who does engine rebuilds for trackers? ....
When I hear "blown rod," think of what my J18 did... the rod blew out BOTH sides of the block. :eek:

If this is what you mean, there isn't a rebuild in the world that will help... REPLACEMENT is order. :(

I'm with BEX: "actually confirm what is wrong with the car"

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
When I hear "blown rod," think of what my J18 did... the rod blew out BOTH sides of the block. :eek:

If this is what you mean, there isn't a rebuild in the world that will help... REPLACEMENT is order. :(

I'm with BEX: "actually confirm what is wrong with the car"
AND finding a block to rebuild will not only be the hard part but could prove expensive too. Meaning it may be cheaper, faster, and easier to find another vehicle and start over again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts