Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe my terminology is was a little off on my original post. What I was trying to say is the 3rd member of a Tracker the same as a Samurai or even just the ring and pinion interchangeable? TKS!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Older tracker front carriers will interchange with the front or rear of a samurai. The down fall is they are aluminum and weaker. With spacer kits and cross pin locks just the gears can be swaped onto the stock samurai carrier. Tracks came in ratios of 3.73, 4.30, 4.62 and 5.12 and maybe more not sure.

·
Banned
329 Posts
The trackick front gears will fit on samurai carriers and in samurai thirds. You can also swap the complete front trackick third into samurai axle housings. All 86-95 samurai rear axles are 26 spline, all 86-95 samurai front axles are 22 spline (you can buy aftermarket 26 spline axles). 89-95 trackick front axles are 22 spline. 96+ trackick front axles are 26 spline.
Stock trackick ratios are....4.30, 4.62, 4.88, 5.12, 5.38, 5.62.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guy! That answers my question. Now I have something to work with. Wish I had option like that back in 88, when I built my 87 Samurai with a 4.3 auto. Miss my little truck. Now I want to build one with Mattracks. Not shore what I’m using for motor wet. I bought a 1.6 Tracker motor auto, but I would love the Suzuki v6 auto. I think it would look awesome in there. I will need help with wiring. Is there any kits out there? :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts