Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question regarding a '02 Chevy Tracker. I deliver newspapers and a few weeks ago after putting it in reverse, I heard a snapping noise and it wouldn't go backwards anymore. The problem was a spring clip that rusted off and got stuck. I have replaced the internal hardware and put everything back together. I used to lift the emergency brake one click when passing cars because I drive on the wrong side of the road and I don't want to confuse people at 4 in the morning. Now, the e-brake is way too tight to do this, but I figure I just need to adjust it when I get some time.

Unfortunately I have a new problem. In the exact same spot my brake fell apart, it began almost completely seizing up when driven in reverse. My car won't even roll backwards when I am starting up a hill. If I put it in reverse and try to go, it gets very tight like the brakes are applied at about 85% pressure. I have a hard time driving forward again, until I pull the emergency brake a few times. Eventually after pulling the handbrake up and down five or six times, the brake pedal falls to the floor and the vehicle will again idle forward like normal. I have to pump the pedal to get pressure back. And all is normal. I am avoiding going in reverse until I can get the drums back off and take a look. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts