Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of doing a swap on my tin-top Samurai. I was wondering if it'd be possible to get A/C while at it. Are there any documented swaps that carry over the compressor as well?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Very possible, I just did one but with the 16v. I'm down to the point where I see that I should have used a Sami compressor and not a kick compressor r/t line fitment.

Will you be using power steering? If so its very tight but still possible.
Do you already have the AC system and bracketry?
I have the AC direction scans, it was added as a dealer option and I got the entire system from Mikoda industries for a very reasonable price, less the comp.

I may be offering up the AC face assembly, I'm using it now but it's not quite right for the custom dash. I'll probably be going with universal cable pulls and a universal 3 way switch for blower, toggle for AC.

The few others I have spoken to have had good luck with this install except in cases where 134 was used as a refrigerant, R12 is spendy as hell to but works better, I've had several recent conversations with guys that have used Difluoroethane cas#75-37-6 (dust off) and had slightly better results than even R12, aside from being dirt cheap and readily available. I'll be trying that in the coming days as I complete my setup. I'm looking into what it will cost to bring this vehicle to the Philippines with me when I go so I'm looking for this to work as well as it can. Let me know if you consider it further and I'll send you the scans so you can have a closer look at whats entailed. It really isnt that bad at all, hardest part being squeezing it in there with PS.

Tony

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the original compressor and radiator that shipped with the 1.3 engine. When I got my Zuk they weren't installed, I guess the previous owner intended to install it but never got around to it. I don't believe I have the brackets though. I have the original dash with AC controls as well. I don't plan on doing power steering as I don't do much offroading.

I'd like to see the diagrams you got. Please share them via PM.

·
Registered
686 Posts
pm sent. Enjoy the project and please post your results when its done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts