Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to do the two tracker front 3rd's swap. I've done my research but i was wondering if anyone has done the swap, and what problems if any that they ran into. I've heard about maybe needing to use the sami side gears but as far as i know it should be a direct bolt in swap with 2 front tracker 3rd's.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I plan to do the two tracker front 3rd's swap. I've done my research but i was wondering if anyone has done the swap, and what problems if any that they ran into. I've heard about maybe needing to use the sami side gears but as far as i know it should be a direct bolt in swap with 2 front tracker 3rd's.
It is a direct bolt-in, aside from the 26 spline sidegears you need out back.
But remember that the Track/Kick diff housings are aluminum. If you will be going offroad over any rocks or logs (anything hard) you run the risk of cracking the diff like an eggshell. I have heard of no problems in the sand, but don't let them 'whack' anything...:eek:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you think it would be a lot harder to just switch the gears over instead or do i open a whole new problem w/that?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Swapping the gears over to the stronger sami diff (steel) is the smarter choice, but you will need a swap kit for each diff and you will need to know something about setting the backlash to do the swap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts