Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki Sidekick 1994 1.6L 16V 4x4
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. So I was on my way to calibrate the TPS of my sidekick as I've read and been recommended here. I was going to insert a feeler gauge between the lever and the tb screw. But something happened. The screw is all the way in to the metal that protects the screw (don't know the name sorry). This leaves a gap of like half an inch (I'll attach photos). So I can't calibrate like this right? Should I insert the screw to touch the lever and do the 1 1/4 turn?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,389 Posts
Here’s a photo from Fixkick’s site. Are you sure you’re on the right screw??
Camera accessory Machine Engineering Auto part Nickel

·
Super Moderator
26,389 Posts
Yes, it is upside down, but I don’t understand how your screw can be screwed all the way in so that you must seriously adjust it in order to get it to touch the throttle valve lever. That’s what you’re saying, correct? That there’s a half inch gap between the screw and the throttle valve lever??

·
Super Moderator
26,389 Posts
This might help, too. See posts #5 to 14

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it is upside down, but I don’t understand how your screw can be screwed all the way in so that you must seriously adjust it in order to get it to touch the throttle valve lever. That’s what you’re saying, correct? That there’s a half inch gap between the screw and the throttle valve lever??
I guess I didn't explain myself correctly, sorry about that. The screw I talk about is the throttle stop screw, it isn't touching the throttle lever. It should right? Some time ago I took it to calibrate the tb to a mechanic and I don't know if they worked on it. From what I've read, it shouldn't be as I show in the photos (a gap between the lever and the screw). In the post you mentioned they talk about a screw on top of the throttle body? Which one is it? Maybe that's the one I should work on. Thanks for your time.

·
Super Moderator
26,389 Posts
LOL….Tjat’s why I posted the photo (even though it’s upside down) to show you where the feeler gauge goes. There is another screw in the vicinity that is factory calibrated and shouldn’t be touched. You’re screwing the idle adjusting screw, just in the place where it’s shown in the photo above. Follow the instructions in post 6 in the link above. I don’t have the 16v, but this photo is taken from Fixkick site. Maybe this is clearer:
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL….Tjat’s why I posted the photo (even though it’s upside down) to show you where the feeler gauge goes. There is another screw in the vicinity that is factory calibrated and shouldn’t be touched. You’re screwing the idle adjusting screw, just in the place where it’s shown in the photo above. Follow the instructions in post 6 in the link above. I don’t have the 16v, but this photo is taken from Fixkick site. Maybe this is clearer:
View attachment 106546
I guess all this time I was referring to the idle adjusting screw. So, if that's not the untouchable screw, I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks Bex.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts