Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since our SX4 uses Tire Pressure Monitoring System; IE checks the aire pressure...

has anyone changed their tires (stock units not rated good for snow) anyone have any issues with getting it reset - or did the system rest by itself?

·
Registered
282 Posts
If the sensors are not damaged and wheel position on the car is maintaned there should be no TPSM issue. Otherwise TPSM reset tool is required.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
everytime you rotate you need to have the system reset at the dealer or if the shop has the correct scan tool to re-program the TPMS unit. Thank the safety folks for this system :-(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sure you can rotate you tires (with rims) w/o any problems.
The system doesn't cre if you wheel is in FRONT, REAR, LEFT OR RIGHT.
It just sees there are 4 Sensors programmed and logged in. And as long the sensor are in range it works.
I just put winter tires on mine and had no problems. The syatem is adjsuted to 33PSI. Some winter tires shouldn't be inflated that high and there is the problem only. So just install tires which can handle 33PSI and higher and you are fine.

The only question (or problem) what I have is, I want to by an additional set of rims (winter set with tires on it, summer set with ries on it). Do I need to reset veerytime the TPMS each time I change wheels or is there a way around it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts