Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first post so be gentle!.

I bought an xl7 here in Dubai two weeks ago. Unfortunately, my Transmission stopped working after a week and had to be expensively replaced.

When I received the car back this week, I noticed the tyres sensors were asking to check the tyres and they were low. The valves had cracked and so temporary replaced them with standard ones, so the tpms light comes on the display.

Now, the cruise control doesn't work. Are they linked?

If a light such as tyres, engines, oil are displayed, will that affect the cruise?

All other functions are working fine on the steering such as volume and even the cruise switch is on but not working.

Did the transmission change cause this? The tyre sensors?

Also, how is the bonnet/hood kept up as I have to use a stick to keep it up.

Will resetting anything make a difference?

Thanks so much in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Always see American Car Parts Before buying original.

Been a busy week but worth getting to know this car. Always check to see if there are equivalent nd much cheaper American Parts that are identical.

Got the hood pressure not from Suzuki, but for a caprice car.

Needed a Bushel for A Suzuki, 2months waiting, went to the American cars parts place for a chevrolet and worked and was 70% cheaper.

Always look for the USA car parts. Can't wait to sell this car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
No link between TPMS and cruise control. In winter I install snow tires and rims with no TPMS so my warning light is on until I put the summer tires and wheels back on. the cruise control works fine with the TPMS warning light on.

My XL7 has a pneumatic shock supporting the hood and it is starting to wear out. GM part number is 15861910 (original on the car, not sure if GM has released a replacement part number).

Cheers and good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Happily sold this car after 6 very difficult weeks.

Made a huge loss, the cost of the original parts, lack of availability meant I could not risk a major thing going wrong.

Never again Suzuki.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts