Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new Ignis owner here. I was wondering if when it comes to replacing the tyres on the Ignis, is there anything that needs to be done beforehand in regards to the Tyre Pressure Monitor System? I.e. can the tyres be replaced as normal at a garage?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi new Ignis owner here. I was wondering if when it comes to replacing the tyres on the Ignis, is there anything that needs to be done beforehand in regards to the Tyre Pressure Monitor System? I.e. can the tyres be replaced as normal at a garage?
A reputable tyre dealer will remove and refit a tyre without damaging the TPMS valve. TPMS systems have been common-place for quite some time and fitters are aware of the necessary precautions They will also check the valve stem and seal and will replace the seal if necessary The batteries cannot be replaced in the valve and the garage can measure the likely future battery life though I wouldn't expect any issues until the sensors are 5+ years old. The wheels do not need to be replaced in their original positions, the TPMS copes with this automatically.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is good to hear, I've never owned a car with TPMS before so it's all new to me. Thanks for you response

1 - 3 of 3 Posts