Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Another new fellow ;)

A coworker is wanting to install a Camary engine into his Samari. We have talked about the 3SFE in the past, he asked the following questions. I told Chuck I would post this on the Suzuki forum to see if I got any bites.

1. Has anyone pulled this one off before
2. In your opinion What might be the best engine for this conversion, what might the HP be rated at.
3. Does the Toyota transmission/transaxle stay with the 3SFE, are there aftermarket adaptors & components for this project
4. How much of the original donor wiring harness & CPU is used, do the Dash/gauges carryover to the Samari ?

Any advice, comments, references &/or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
js

Fleet Maintenance

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've never heard of that being done before but, anything is possible with a welder and a torch. Hell I stuffed a Tuned Port injection Chevy 350 in mine. One of the most popular swaps is the 1.6L Tracker engine. Its got lots more power and is a relatively easy mod. Lots of adapter kits available so you can mate it up w/ your stock trans. You can also get the 2.0L out of the vitara. Its even better. It has direct ignition(coil packs) so no cap & rotor to get wet when u r wheelin. If I had to do it again that's what I'd do. I just wanted to see if a V8 would fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, because of the transmission problems (& cost) we have backed off the 3SFE, and are considering your recomendations.

Will check the forum for those who have done this installation.:eek:

Thanks
js

1 - 3 of 3 Posts