Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Suzuki Samurai that I use on my deer lease. The last time we towed it every time we made a hard right turn the wheels on the Samurai would not straighten back out when the tow vehicle would straighten out. We had to stop and manually turn the steering wheel back straight again in the Samurai. If it was a gradual turn it would not do this, only on a sharp turn. Any ideas on what may be causing this?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
have you lifted it at all? Often times having the caster angle off will cause centering prolems when towing. Lots of times the caster angle gets out of spec when you do a suspension lift.

Other things to look for are STIFF steering dampers, oversized deflated tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have a lift kit on it, but it towed very well for several years after I lifted it. I did have a low speed roll-over on it's side in the vehicle, but it did very little damage, just a small dent on the side . Thanks very much for your feedback, any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
were the locking hubs dammaged at all in the roll over? can you verify that they unlock? Did any of the steering gear get bent or dammaged in the roll over? (tie rod, drag link, end joints...)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The locking hubs are working just fine, but I probably need to get the steering gear checked out. It does tend to drift a little on me now. Thank you very much for your assistance.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
hopefully you just bent a draglink or tierod. If the knuckle (birfield) joint was dammaged that can get spendy to repair/replace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts