Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a rush thing I just put together and I'd like y'all's help. I'm going to haul my daughters broken (engine) Samurai 750 miles on Sunday. Gonna do this with a rented u haul car dolly with 2 wheels (rear)on the ground. I'm guessing this is the right way to haul it? Any help or insight would be much appreciated. It is a manual transmission with manual locking hubs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts
everything in neutral, should be fine. If you have owners manual, it should have a section.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't have the manual unfortunately but I'll search online. I read somewhere I might want to disconnect the rear driveline. Is it as simple as a Chevy truck? :cool:
I won't have much time to mess with it tomorrow night before leaving on the 750 mile drive home.
Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
If transfer case is in neutral, you shouldn't't have to do anything else.

·
Registered
212 Posts
however, unless you drop the drive shaft on your head it probably won't hurt. I don't have same model, I have 2000 GV, and tow it four-down behind motorhome, on it, it goes into park, and transfer to neutral. Leave steering wheel unlocked.

On dolly, I would put transfer in neutral and clamp on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, got home yesterday at 10:00 am, drove non stop (cept for fuel)straight thru the night. Disconnected the driveline at the diff, no biggie. It towed like a champ, doing 70mph most of the way. I'm tired, still...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts