Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I bought a demo Kizashi MY11 car and fitted a Suzuki towbar to it. But when I go into a driveway with some incline I am finding the rear bar hitting the concrete with some force and making a bang. I was wondering if anyone else if experiencing the same issue. As I am driving unloaded I am worried what will happen when I put a trailer on and the impact that this is having on my car. I know I can take the hitch off, but this is not a real solution. Hitch cost over $1000 and should be designed so this doesn't occur or shouldn't be on sale.
Keen to hear from others. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
check the departure angle for your car against the incline you are driving onto, and whether its the stub with the ball or the bar thats fitted to the car thats hitting. If its the bar under the bumper then its got to be a pretty sharp incline, You should have a departure angle of about 47 degrees and your front bumper should scrape way before the rear towbar.

if its that bad, take it back to the guys that fitted it and make sure they didn't fit the wrong one.

As an aside, (from my observations last time i visited) the US seems to have the most absurdly sloped road crowns ever.
The angles going into driveways are even more absurd, the back of the car I was in actually hit the road about 4' out from the kerb. What is it with sloping driveways and deep gutters anyway?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts