Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put some stronger tow points on the front and rear of my jimny does anyone have any ideas or pictures of what they have done as the tie down points arent good enough. i have thought about just welding some plates the same shape as the tie downs onto chassis to beaf them up? i would like to get a arb bullbar as well or instead of modifyng tow points but not sure. does anyone no the cost in nz or aus of the bullbar? i dont want a towbar for rear.
so far to my truck i have put a tjm snorkel on raised all breathers into engine bay and fitting maxxis trepador 205/70 R15 mud grips.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I want to put some stronger tow points on the front and rear of my jimny ... the tie down points arent good enough....
I tow my 93 Samurai. Shackles with a 1/2" pin are a good fit for my (Blue Ox) baseplate's towbar attachment points. I used available anchor shackles, but bow shackles might work better.
Baseplate & Shackle
For the rear, I'm using the early Samurai tow loops from Suzuki. They're inexpensive and still available.
L-Rear Tow Loop
R-Rear Tow Loop

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Before I added real rock crawler bumpers, I had welded tow points to the round tube crossmembers front and back. If you drive a piece of pipe through the factory tube, it makes it strong enough to hold up to most abuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts