Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting one of those, "everything in 1" head units.. you know, the touch screen GPS, dvd, mp3, etc. etc. Has anyone installed one themselves? Or even know how much work it is to get it all connected? Also, any good name brands.. From what I was told; I should stay away from Dual..

·
Registered
582 Posts
foserius said:
I'm thinking about putting one of those, "everything in 1" head units.. you know, the touch screen GPS, dvd, mp3, etc. etc. Has anyone installed one themselves? Or even know how much work it is to get it all connected? Also, any good name brands.. From what I was told; I should stay away from Dual..
Wow, all i can say.. is you are looking at a really high price..haha.. I think i know of one that is from Bose.. i know the mazda cx7 has the bose system touch screen navi/radio/cdplayer..ect...

·
Registered
321 Posts
foserius said:

hey if ur lookin 4 audio and stuff for ur car try lookin at crutchfield.com thier really good company i boughtin there already

·
Registered
78 Posts
they aren't too much work to install, but if you want it done right, get the shop you buy it from to install it, they'll hopefully have a life time warranty on the work, so if anything goes wrong, they'll fix it. probably cost you $50 to $100 to have installed (Canadian dollars). I was lucky with my deck, they were doing free installs that day :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Its about the same as a stereo considering everything is built into the head unit. If you want an amp as well there is a bit more wiring. It can easily be done by anyone that has a bit of electronics experience. The only thing is make sure there is room for the screen to open all the way. If not you will need to custom mount it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Melissa22 said:
Wow, all i can say.. is you are looking at a really high price..haha.. I think i know of one that is from Bose.. i know the mazda cx7 has the bose system touch screen navi/radio/cdplayer..ect...
As far as I know, Bose doesn't sell headunits for cars, they just made headunits that are stock units for many cars like Mercedes Benz or porsche, but I haven't seen any Bose headunit for sale on BestBuy or a car audio shop, but I wish they make them, I love that brand, the sound is pretty good

·
Registered
321 Posts
Bose is good to a certain extent you would have to get the premium one for you to get the best sound if u look at a Bose surround sound system is nice and loud but it wares off their speakers are made out of paper surrounding not polypropylene and rubber like after market speakers and it the same for what they put into luxury cars too so I say you could easily find better, louder, clearer speakers for your car online or at a audio shop then going with Bose (oh did i mention also for half the price of Bose) but that my opinion.

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you want the best Nav unit, go Eclipse. I am a car audio, video, and security installer, and have had nothing but the best experience with Eclipse. Expensive, but remember you get what you pay for. Make sure you buy from an Eclipse certified dealer, or they will not warrant your product if you do decide to get one of their units.

ECLIPSE by Fujitsu Ten

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
DeRoc23 said:
hey if ur lookin 4 audio and stuff for ur car try lookin at crutchfield.com thier really good company i boughtin there already
+1

I wouldn't buy it locally...but make sure it comes with a warranty for the price it'll cost. I got a $900 in dash dvd playier online and the local audio express wouldnt go lower than $2000 for the same one (it was at much more) and another shop wanted like $1800 for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts