Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you believe a can't find a M10-1.25-12 bolt in my whole city. Even the Chevrolet place can't get them. It's a 98 chevy tracker 2dr. I can get one that about 1/4 longer. Would it be ok to run a nut up on it and cut it the correct length?

·
Super Moderator
20,011 Posts
It would be best to stay with the same style fastener, but you can get away with a washer under the head if the new bolt isn't a "flange-head" style.

Cut / make the replacement bolt length with that in mind. The ever so slight potential weight difference in bolt make-up shouldn't have an effect on the balance of the whole assembly either.

Use Loc-tite on the fasteners to ensure that they will stay put.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
That's what I was concerned about. If the longer bolt will work w out hitting anything ill just get 3 of them.
What is wrong with the old bolt?

Do you have an Advance Auto, AutoZone, Pepboy, or even a Home Depot/ Lowes nearby? They do carry metrics.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I would call around some more to try and get the correct bolt, Have you tried trailtough? The bolt should have a shoulder on it, those flywheel bolts are quite critical, its not unknown for them to come undone, when you reassemble you need to get the threads clean, use some threadlock and torque to the correct setting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.