Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when it rains water comes in just above both doors where the top wraps around the bar and velcros.i mean it pours .what can i do?

·
Registered
117 Posts
i had the same problem, its worn out door stripping, new rubber that runs all the way around the door, its kind of expensive like 65 bucks per door but you can get it through lowrange offroad, sometimes you can find it on ebay for about 30 for both doors though, thats what i did, fixed my problem immidiately

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I Have Spent So Much On The Money Pit So Far I Will Try The Cheap Fix First. But I Love It. Also Noticed A Leak Coming In On Passenger Side Up High Under The Dash .just Had A New Windsheild Installed And They Resealed It But I Cant Tell Where It Is Coming From.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Baratacus Where Did You Put The Weather Strip On The Old Rubber Or Under The Top Where It Wraps Around To The Inside

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I've got that same leak under the pasenger side, my amp is over there and I had to pull it apart and replace a couple mosfets that shorted from water getting in the case. I think the water is splashing up and coming in through a hole in the firewall that needs a grommet or a plug, it only gets wet when I drive fast through puddles So I don't think it's coming in through the windshield on my rig.

On the weather stripping, put it around the door so that it seals against the vinyl top as well as the rest of the door jamb. You need it to go all the way around the door for a good seal from water coming in the leading edge and also being drawn up through the bottom of the door.

I've tried putting a foam pad under the soft top at the door, but it doesn't seal the rest of the door and it actually opens a larger gap on the leading edge of the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts