Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
They changed out the heater core ..fuel pump..and did a valve adjustment(600 miles on a rebuild)Now the engine is shaking and runs like crap..They say that cylinder 3 is getting spark but not firing.Also they can't seem to get the valve cover to stop leaking like crazy..I am pissed,The one guy's excuse is he hates cork gaskets.Keep in mind when i took it in it ran like a gem except it leaked gas so we swapped out the fuel filter?Now what do I do?

·
Registered
686 Posts
I would verify that the valve adjustment was done correctly, botching this will make it run crappy. I hate cork gaskets to but they do seal if installed correctly. Mechanics like this that made me learn how to service things myself, sorry you had this experience.

Does this shop have a HQ like a franchise or is it an independent small shop? I wonder if talking to the shops owner would get you anywhere.

·
Registered
264 Posts
They changed out the heater core ..fuel pump..and did a valve adjustment(600 miles on a rebuild)Now the engine is shaking and runs like shit..They say that cylynder 3 is getting spark but not firing.Also they can't seem to get the valve cover to stop leaking like crazy..I am pissed,The one guy's excuse is he hates cork gaskets.Keep in mind when i took it in it ran like a gem except it leaked gas so we swapped out the fuel filter?Now what do I do?
Is this the same "mechanic" that hollowed out your thermostat? Either he adjusted your valves too tight, or, the adjustment backed off and the valve is no longer opening. Leaking valve cover gasket? No excuse for that. An easy item to install correctly by ANY competent mechanic. You need to learn to do these things yourself, or, find someone else. Sounds like you could do a better job than the guy doing your work for you. Is he a relative?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is a franchise...Now they say it is running well and that it was "flooded"And the heat still doesn't work as the mechanic said he doesn't know if the replacement heater core(used of course) had a restriction or not!Why wouldn't he check it first?What a nightmare.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Is it running well now? He sounds like a real DB.

Consider checking with home office of the shop and seek refund. It sounds like they effed up every part of it they touched.

You do know that there will be no heat in the dash vents, only at the floor and defrost, this is by design.

Just curious, what did they charge you for a used core?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Cool (no pun intended)

I was trying to think of ways to plum it so the heat would work in the vents as I LOVE my vent heat but I just had this beast out in -4 deg weather last week and the floor heat was ample for the entire vehicle, just didn't need the vents. It didn't roast me out of the cabin or anything but after 10 minutes of driving I was turning the blower down a notch.

Since your heater core was just replaced it shouldn't have the layer of dry leaves covering it up. If the blower motor is healthy you should be getting some decent heat below if your engine is reaching operating temp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts