Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had 4 different codes on my 2007 Suzuki Reno. P0420, p0107, p0131, p0037. How do I pin point the problem

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
P0107 is MAP sensor low voltage
P0420 is cat efficiency below threshold
P0131 B1S1 sensor code, similar code to P0135 / P0137, low voltage for 2 mins or more
Faulty o2 oxygen sensor Short to voltage on O2 signal circuit High resistance or open on O2 signal circuit

P0037 is Heater circuit to O2 sensor open or shorted B1S2, this one also trips the P040 code

Bank 1, sensor #2 oxygen sensor heater element has failed
Physical damage to heated oxygen sensor has occurred
Control circuit (or voltage feed, depending on system) is shorted to ground
PCM fault
Oxygen sensor heater driver has failed

now, start diagnosing and think about the codes and what they are. Its unlikely both O2 sensors have gone faulty at the same time, and the MAP sensor code is there as well. This means you either have 2 issues, the MAP in its own and a common issue to both O2 sensors, or a common issue to all 3 items. Whats common to all 3 codes? power supplies.

Start checking power supplies to the ECM, and to the MAP sensor and the O2 sensors. Start looking for shorts on the inputs to the ECM, or bad grounds to the ECM as well

Diagnose, these all have the power supplies in common. Could be a simple shorted wire thats done it, or a blown heater fuse for the #2 sensor. Depending on the way its wired, some use the O2 heater fuse to feed the supplies for the O2 sensors and a couple of others.

Clear the codes and see what comes back, make sure the codes are valid and not stored old ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts