Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...over the 4th of July weekend my mother put a pretty deep gash in my passenger rear door with a beach chair about 1.5 inch long. Needless to say she went pretty deep.

I was able to touch it up with some touch up paint and you can hardly notice it at all. Many people can't even notice it until I point it out or if it is in a direct sunlight.

I noticed that this car has an interesting clear coat finish on it and it is kind og grainy sorta like an orange peel texture to it. My main concern is if I ahve it re-painted will I get the same kind of finish with the clear coat to patch the rest of the car. I can def say the clear coat on this does not have a smooth look to it.

Here is a pic of the scratch before I touched it up...

Body shop says to have the spot painted and then the whole door clear coated...but I am concerned about the new clear coat texture matching up to the factory clear coat texture as its VERY easy to see on the red!.

Opinions anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Depends on the shop you go to. It will never be quite the same though. The body shop should blend into the front door and rear quarter panel though to make it less noticeable.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah...they told me that but I am not concerned about the color matching its the texture of the clear coat and on these cars they have a more grain/textured look to it and I am afraid that I will loose that look.

The scratch is not very noticable and one would either have to know where it is or be standing about a foot away from the car to see it.

I strive for perfection and I would rather leave the scratch the way it is than have the door repainted and not notice the difference in the clearcoat texture.

I even looked at other cars and the clear coat on them is pretty much smooth compared to the Kizashi.

Considering the paint chip issues with this car I am sure there are more to come and if I end up keeping it after the lease I would opt to get a really good paint job on it depending on how severe the paint chip issues are in the near future!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts